Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Textile Pattern


This was done in Photo Shop by taking a small section from pictures I have taken and warping and distorting them until they are unrecognizable. Then by applying my 6 designs to a pattern I get this final look seen above which I really had a fun time creating from scratch. The overall design is pleasing to my eye and I think I balanced the purples well enough. I also wanted to create the focal point in the middle by surrounding the purple swirl with its complement yellow. I do however think the orange should have been bolder to draw your eye into the middle more versus bringing it outward. This was one of my first projects ever done in Photo shop however and I think this helped me gain more knowledge with this program as well as become more comfortable with it to. It is sorta weird looking back at this now because I know what each picture was before I distorted it but others would not guess that my purple graduating gown is the swirl design and the green pattern is part of the Eiffel Tower. It just makes this piece that much more personal to me and shows my passions in an interesting and artistic way.

No comments:

Post a Comment